Our hungry, thirsty Packer fan buddies will arrive at 2:00.
- Brat sliders. I pre-cooked the brats, then cut them in half, then sliced the halves length wise, so each bratwurst is cut into flat quarters. Tomorrow I'll brown the brats under the broiler and toast the little buns, then assemble them, and serve them with condiments of sauerkraut, onion, mustard and ketchup.
- Buffalo wings. Two big honkin' trays of wings. I made genuine ranch dressing for them - the kind with buttermilk and mayo.
- Celery and carrot sticks. Aha! Something healthy. How redeeming.
- Rick Krispie Bars. Made with butter and freshly harvested soft, squishy genuine Jet Puffed Marshmallows.
- Chicken Chile Con Queso. My husband's in charge of this one. He's perfecting his recipe, because he's making it for an office party next week and wants to give it a trial-run. It's a dip, served with tortilla chips.
- Beer, Soda, Water.
- Pickle Juice. Just kidding.
This afternoon will be taken up with dusting, vacuuming, and giving the bathrooms a fast once-over. It won't take long. Amazing how clean the house stays without kids at home any more.
I'm looking forward to the football party. Lots of fun, with our best friends.